Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Week Six- GAME Plan

While developing and implementing my GAME plan I have once again realized the importance of creating a clear and concise goal and then developing steps to achieve it. It may sound obvious, but after being out of the classroom as a student for a while such structured practices fall by the wayside. Sticking with a plan is important to meet with success. By retraining myself to take a step by step approach and plan out each section of my plan I have been able to see results in a way that I haven't before. I can measure success at each step rather than becoming frustrated by having to wait to see the end result.

During the process of working through any type of plan it is important to evaluate frequently what is working and what is not throughout the process. I am continuing to work on gaining access to different types of technology that up to this point have been banned by my district. This is one area that may be a continual discussion as time goes on. I do not think that there will be easy closure on this one, but an on-going dialogue outlining the importance of such technology usage.

One new goal that I would like to work on is collaborating with parents and students via technology. This was one of my origional GAME plan goals and I have been so focused on designing and developing technology rich projects with my students that my second goal, collaboration using technology, has settled onto the back burner. Using technology to communicate with both parents and students is very important. Currently I communicate via email with parents when neded, but would like to set up a website or blog that parents can access to find information about upcoming events, homework, topics being learned in class, etc. This type of communication with parents is important and is a goal that I would like to achieve over th enext few months.

I think that I am ready to set new learning goals, as outlied above. Now that I have followed and created a GAME plan I think that in the future I will try to narrow down my goals so that they are more readily attainable. When too many goals are set at one time frustration sets in and the plan becomes unsuccessful.

3 comments:

  1. You have come up with goals and for many people just setting a goal is the greatest problem. You were able to define what you were interested in doing. The goals were large and you have been able to address them, one at a time. Your getting there and doing a good job. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan -

    It is great to see that you are evaluating your progress and plans as you process through the GAME plan. It is wonderful that you are smart enough to stop and make changes to the plan when the steps need redefining. All to often I see teachers and students just moving through the steps even when they are not working right.

    In science I strive so hard to help teach the student to question their actions and evaluate the plans. It is so important that we don't just go through the motions to say we "did it". Our actions, plans, steps and progress must have meaning and worthwhile purpose. Keep it up! Great Job. Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing wrong with stepping back and taking a better look at your goals. Sometimes you do not realize how hard it is going to be to implement new things until you get into it. You might find that you can do more, while other times you might find that you bit off more than you can chew. That is what is great about the monitoring and evaluating aspect of setting goals. Good luck with your communication.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete